You don’t have to travel beyond the black stump to host a sophisticated soiree in a historic country venue. Warrawong, in Melton, is a rare 19th-Century Heritage Listed bluestone shearing shed that once serviced the major pastoral estate Exford, which, at its peak, covered over 100,000 acres. This is the closest you’ll get to bush-dance country so near to Melbourne.
Built in the mid-to-late 1850s by a notable squatter, it sits on property affording panoramic views of Werribee River, Exford Reservoir, and the Toolern Creek valley. In the early 20th Century its owners included a well-known female racing motorist and the first Australian to compete in Monte Carlo – a world-ranking polo player, and the managing director of the Swallow and Ariel Biscuit Company.
Warrawong Shearing Shed’s historic appeal, generous dimensions, arcadian setting and proximity to the city make it a unique venue choice.
Kick-up your heels at a hoe-down: hay bales, square dancing, a hearty buffet and an authentic bush band.
Or perhaps Country Posh is more your style: a sophisticated dinner party in the landed-gentry style, with scene-stealing decor, elegant tableware, fine food, and classy entertainment.
For a party-with-a-twist, stage the most incongruously themed event for a bush shed: a corporate product launch, an evening of cocktails and jazz – the possibilities are endless!
Whether you’re planning a large-scale event or an intimate gathering of gourmands, let your imagination run wild and let ACC make it real.
- Seated Dining: 120 Guests
- Cocktail Event: 60 – 200 Guests
- Food and Beverage Catering
- Theme Consultation
- AV and Technical Support
- Equipment Hire
$3,400 covers the following:
- Open and secure access to the woolshed including fenced areas, for five days – three days to set up and two days to clean up (typically, for a Saturday wedding, access is from 10 am Thursday to 3 pm Monday)
- Two bedroom cottage for the same period for bridal party and family
- Two portable toilets (for up to 100 guests) set up in stables area
- Rubbish removal of green, recycled and organic waste
- Free camping for guests – but an extra $30 per tent for any commercial arrangement, such as for glam-camping