The Meat Market
Rich in history and full of atmosphere, the Meat Market is the ideal space for any event where you’re seeking a point of difference; especially corporate events or cocktail parties. With multiple event spaces, The Meat market offers a venue of historical significance with the opportunity to create a memorable event. With the capacity for up to 600 guests for a seated dinner the Meat Market is a rare find. Add in the huge box truss for aerial performances and you have the canvas for an event to remember.
Add to the amazing backdrop of the Meat Market, ACC Catering’s exceptional multi award winning food, beverages and service and you have the start of an amazing event. ACC Catering can arrange all aspects of your event at The Meat Market. Including food and beverage packages, fit out, entertainment, audio visual, security and theming.
Lose yourself in the grandeur of the Meat Market, the perfect event venue for lovers of history, culture and art. The Meat Market’s cultural significance is crystallised by the fact that it is a grade one heritage-listed building, and has stood tall since 1880.
As the name suggests, the building was once a commercial meat market, with the cobbled floor and barrel vault ceiling remaining intact to pay homage to this history. In 1977, the building was revived from its derelict state by the Hamer Government and operated as the Meat Market Craft and Events Centre. It was then closed in 2001 for redevelopment and now exists in its current incarnation as the Meat Market, an innovative, multi-genre arts and event space.
Today, this North Melbourne icon is used for performances, events, conferences, filming and rehearsals.
- 20 x trestle tables, 20 x 6’ round tables and 300 chairs
- Lighting and AV
- A barco projector is available at an additional charge
- Food and Beverage Catering
- Entertainment Security
- Theme Consultation
- Disabled Access
- AV/PA Facilities
- Nearby public transport and car parking
- Cocktail Events: 380 Guests
- Seated Dining: 600 Guests
Two Pavilion Spaces
- The Flat Floor Space has capacity for 380 guests seated at 6’ round tables. 440 cocktail
- The Cobblestone Space has capacity for 380 guests seated at 6’ round tables. 600 cocktail
- Combination of these 2 spaces allows for 600 guests seated at 6’round tables. 800 cocktail
The Meat Market: Blackwood st North Melbourne